By: Owen Waters
Traditionally, there are seven major chakras, but the more I questioned the traditions, the more discoveries I made. Humans are progressing through a total of twelve stages of experience which are a built-in design feature of human consciousness.
Most reference books list seven major chakras as vortices of energy. Here is how they are typically portrayed:
1. Instinctual. The chakra connected to the base of the spine prepares vitality, or life energy, for the chakras above it. It provides the base frequency of human existence including the instinct for survival.
2. Emotional. The sacral chakra powers the basic emotions or passions of human life.
3. Intellectual. The solar plexus chakra is used in the development of intellect or mental ability in a linear direction. For example, arithmetic is linear, so is algebra, so are computer processes. Linear thinking is a logical, left-brain skill. Holistic, right-brain skills, on the other hand, include the ability to see a pattern within a whole picture.
4. Holistic. The heart chakra is developed as issues of separation become resolved and integrated. Mind, body & spirit are seen as facets of the whole human being.
5. Creative. The throat chakra’s function is creativity. It is capable of inspiring the imagination to create new ideas, inventions and works of art. Its further development results in the power of conscious creation, the ability to consciously transform your reality.
6. Spiritual. The third eye chakra is the home frequency of your soul family. While a person’s closest soul mates can be usually counted on the fingers of two hands, soul families are much larger. They are extended, related groups of, typically, 1,000 individuals. When you feel a yearning for your true spiritual home, you are remembering your connection to this level of consciousness. In the sequence of reincarnation, it is to this frequency of consciousness that you ultimately ascend in spirit before planning your next incarnation.
7. Universal. The crown chakra is your connection to the universe on a cosmic scale. Its complete activation brings the peak state of human achievement and enlightenment, that of cosmic consciousness.
Within the entire range of human consciousness, we have seven major chakras and, yet, twelve stages of human development. Could there be a relationship between the two? Obviously seven does not equal twelve… unless, of course, you’re playing the C octave on a piano keyboard.
There are seven white, or major, keys within each C octave, and yet an octave always contains a total count of twelve black and white keys before the sequence repeats itself in the next higher octave.
I found it eerily coincidental that there would be seven major keys within a twelve-note octave, and also seven major chakras within a frequency range covered by twelve social stages. It was as if I had stumbled upon some beautiful, synchronistic design feature within Creation, but, initially, I couldn’t yet identify exactly what it was.
Then, when I remembered that the seven chakras have a total of twelve faces, the excitement of discovery began to fill the air.
I pursued the path which had opened up in front of me and made a total of five new discoveries relating to the human chakra system.
If you would like to follow the unraveling of these discoveries, the whole story is included in my first book, The Shift: The Revolution in Human Consciousness